We recently had the privilege to test the LEVO II Oil Infusion Machine, for our full review, continue below.
This content has been sponsored by LEVO Oil. The review and content below do not necessarily reflect the opinions of LEVO Oil or any of its affiliates. The Cannabis Information Institute is proud to work with such an elite company within the cannabis world.
The Story of Levo Oil
Chrissy Bellman, Founder and CEO of LEVO Oil, witnessed several of her friends struggling to infuse within a small dormitory-style room. The process took all day and left the kitchen in a mess.
Chrissy took an experience many cannabis consumers have had or seen and turned it into a game-changing oil infuser. Headquartered in one of the Cannabis Capitals of the world (Colorado), LEVO Oil can be found in over 800 retail locations today!
How to Store Your LEVO II Infused Oil or Butter
Cannabis oil or butter can be stored in the refrigerator, on the countertop, or in a cool dark kitchen cupboard. Store cannabis oil at, or below, room temperature (20 Celsius/68 Fahrenheit) if you are storing them on the countertop or kitchen cupboard.
During summertime, storing cannabis oil or butter in the fridge is always advised. Cannabis oil and butter can also be frozen and thawed when needed. This is especially handy if you do not consume infused oil or butter on a daily basis.
Before Making and Consuming Cannabis Edibles:
- Cannabis edibles will have a different effect on every individual. Finding a PERSONAL tolerance is incredibly important.
- Knowing your own reaction to edible cannabis products can be the difference between a positive and negative relationship with them.
- Start low and go slow, there is always room to move up in terms of potency.
- You should never feel rushed into the consumption of cannabis edibles if you are a new consumer.
Decarbing (Activating) Herbs with the LEVO II
The LEVO II Oil Infusion device takes approximately 5-10 minutes to warm up and 30 minutes to decarboxylate (activate) cannabis.
The default setting of 240 degrees Fahrenheit (116 degrees Celsius) for 30 minutes is recommended for all activation cycles, no matter what type of herb you are using. The LEVO Pod can hold 7-10 grams of herb, depending on what type you are using.
For more information on the decarboxylation process, click here.
- Shred your cannabis, or other herbs, coarsely and place them into the steel LEVO pod
- Ensure the steel LEVO pod is lined up with the magnetic strip (closest to the user)
- Turn the LEVO II device on and select the ‘Activate” function
- The LEVO II will begin to warm-up and then will start to “Activate” (decarboxylate) your shredded herbs
- Once finished, let the machine cool down, or begin infusing right away (infusion instructions in the next section)
The LEVO II oil infuser offers an amazing decarboxylation capability, while other infusion devices do not. The LEVO II is more efficient for decarboxylation than a traditional oven because it uses a conduction-style of heating in a smaller space. On the other hand, a traditional herb decarboxylation takes place in a fan-powered oven that is often quite large and may result in temperature fluctuations.
In comparison with a traditional oven decarb, the LEVO II creates far less of a stench. Burning a scented candle will almost entirely eliminate the minimal smell emitted during the LEVO II’s decarboxylation process.
Making Infused Oil with the LEVO II
The oil below is considered a relatively low potency, using just 5grams of cannabis to 2 cups of oil. If you are an experienced cannabis edibles consumer and this is below your tolerance, the LEVO II oil infuser can infuse up to a maximum of 7-10g of cannabis, depending on the strain, into oil or butter.
- Measure 500ml (2cups/16oz) of coconut oil, scoop the coconut oil into your LEVO reservoir and close the lid.
- Set your LEVO to 175°F (80 Celsius) and infuse for 120 minutes
- Once the infusion process has finished, and while the coconut oil is still warm, dispense your infusion into an airtight container by holding down the release button.
- Keep your coconut infusion in your pantry (at or below room temperature, or in the fridge. Keep your infusions organized and accessible by pouring them into freezer-safe LEVO Herb Blocks
- Remove the ceramic reservoir and the LEVO Pod and clean using warm water and dish soap
LEVO II Cannabutter – Using the same method outlined above, the Levo II oil infuser can infuse up to one pound (454g) of butter.
The LEVO II can be left alone to continue the infusion process while you take care of chores. For example, when I use this machine to infuse oil or butter, it gives me enough time to work out, go to the grocery store, or clean my house and I know that the machine and oil will be completely safe the entire time.
The maximum amount of cannabis that can be decarboxylated in the LEVO II is entirely dependent on the strain you choose, but, in general, 7 to 10 grams of cannabis will fit inside the LEVO pod. The maximum oil volume that can be infused using the LEVO II is 500ml or 16 fluid ounces.
Making Savoury and Sweet Edibles with the Same Batch of LEVO Infused Oil
In order to make our custom cannabis recipes below, coconut oil should be used as your infusing oil. If you are averse to a slight coconut taste, there is a product readily available at any supermarket called MCT oil that is made from coconut oil but is flavourless. Coconut oil can be directly substituted for MCT oil in any of our cannabis edibles recipes that contain coconut oil.
Cannabis Information Institute’s LEVO-Infused Scone Recipe
These savoury scones are ideal for those who enjoy savoury over sweet. Making scones with LEVO-infused coconut oil provides a much fluffier texture than using butter. These scones mask the vast majority of the cannabis smell or taste by using a combination of spinach, Parmesan cheese, herbs, and cream cheese.
- 2 large mixing bowls
- Sharp knife (to cut the chilled oil into pieces)
- Measuring cup
- 2 regular cookie/baking trays
- Parchment paper
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of shredded spinach
- 1 cup of parmesan
- 1/2 cup LEVO-infused coconut oil (chilled)
- 1 cup of cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of milk
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, spinach and the salt
- Add the chilled LEVO-infused coconut oil, cutting into small pea-sized pieces
- Beat the egg lightly in a separate bowl then add the milk
- Stir this mixture into the flour, it will be crumbly, add the parmesan
- On a floured surface, turn the dough out 4-5 times
- Roll out into about a 1/2inch thickness and then cut into 24 wedges
- Place half of the dough wedges onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Add a tablespoon of cream cheese to each wedge and then use the remaining dough to cover the cream cheese
- Bake for 14-16mins, until the bottoms are brown
- Start with 1/4 to 1/2 of a scone and wait 60 minutes to feel the effects
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container, or freeze in an airtight container if you would like to save for them for a later date
Cannabis Information Institute’s LEVO-Infused Gummy Drops Recipe (Blueberry/Lemon Flavour)
- Non-stick frying pan
- 500ml Pyrex-style Measuring Cup
- LEVO Gummy tray
- Wooden spoon/Silicone Spatula
- 1/4 of a cup of LEVO-infused coconut oil
- 1/2 a cup of water
- 28 grams of gelatin
- 170g of jello (for this recipe we used blueberry and lemon)
- Place the non-stick pan onto a low-medium heat
- Add water and cannabis coconut oil to the pan and stir lightly
- Now, add gelatin, stirring out any lumps that may form
- Once this mixture has no lumps, add the jello
- Stir thoroughly and mix all of the ingredients together using a ‘whipping’ technique
- Once the ingredients have combined and oxygen bubbles begin to appear in the mixture, begin transferring the mixture from the pan to the gummy trays (either using the LEVO Candy Droppers that come with the LEVO Gummy Tray or the measuring jug)
- After around 45 minutes in the freezer, your canna gummies are ready to eat
- Store in the refrigerator and enjoy safely.
An extra special thanks to LEVO Oil for providing their excellent gummy mould kit. This kit makes PERFECTLY sized gummies for any level of tolerance and can also be used to make infused chocolate drops!
Full Review of the LEVO II Oil Infuser
Aesthetically, this product cannot be beaten. This contemporary appliance has the appearance of a coffee-machine and will fit pleasingly on any kitchen counter, no matter your home design.
The functionality of the LEVO II oil infuser is unmatched. The decarboxylation mode on the LEVO II is hugely impressive, especially since you are using the same machine you will infuse your oil or butter with. The smell is almost non-existent while decarboxylating and there is absolutely ZERO smell while infusing.
In my opinion, any oil, butter, or edibles I have made from this machine have been stronger than my regular edibles purely based on the efficient activation process of the LEVO II.
The all-in-one infusion provided by the LEVO II is certainly going to bring more inquisitive eyes into the world of homemade cannabis edibles. LEVO also has the foresight to provide a massive amount of resources here, perfect for those looking for new recipes, as well as educational content regarding infused oils, butter, and foods.
Cleaning the LEVO II Oil infusion machine is incredibly simple. If you have a dishwasher, remove the ceramic infusion pod from the LEVO II unit and place it into the dishwasher along with the pod. Washing by hand is also incredibly easy, it took just 3 minutes to clean the LEVO II completely. 2 or 3 infusions during one day is entirely possible thanks to LEVO.
“After using other infusion machines, nothing even comes close to the LEVO II.
If you are in the market for an infusion device, go for the LEVO II over anything else on the market today.
In the seemingly overpriced world of cannabis accessories, the LEVO II completely justifies its price tag.
The empowerment that comes with making your own cannabis oil or butter cannot be understated and this machine will make its users feel like instant infusion experts at the push of a button“Cannabis Information Institute
Thank you for reading “Decarbing, Infusing, and Making Edibles with the LEVO II Oil Infuser”.
Sharing this on social media by using the icons below helps us to gain more sponsors such as LEVO, as well as supplying valuable cannabis information to our growing audience across the globe. Click here to be taken directly to the LEVO Oil website and show support to our amazing sponsor.
This content has been sponsored by LEVO Oil. The review and previous content do not necessarily reflect the opinions of LEVO Oil or any of its affiliates. The Cannabis Information Institute is proud to work with such an elite company within the cannabis world.