How to Make Sour Gummy Edibles:Cannabis gummies are incredibly easy to make at home and the final result can be as unique as you like. Depending on the type of mould you use, these gummies can be a simple addition to any dessert dish, or, a convenient way to ingest cannabis edibles at any time.
Gummy candies are over 150 years old with the first sale of gelatin-based gummy candy taking place in Lancashire, England in 1864.
Gummy candies have traditionally been made into colourful shapes of bears, snakes, spiders and dinosaurs, just to name a few, and now, you can learn to make your own custom infused sour gummies too.
Cannabis edibles will have a different effect on every individual. This is due to the unique endocannabinoid system located within humans and other mammals. An important step in discovering a personal tolerance starts with knowing what the appropriate “flower to oil” ratio will be for your cannabis coconut oil, which is the carrier oil in this recipe.
How to Make Sour Gummy Edibles: Equipment
All of the equipment needed to make these sour cannabis gummies should already be found in any normal kitchen. No specialty equipment is required.
- Non-stick pan
- Wooden spoon/silicone spatula
- Silicone moulds
- Large measuring jug
- Measuring cups (1/4 cup and 1/2 cup)
- Parchment paper
Cannabis edibles should be accessible to everyone who wants to make them, either for medical, therapeutic, or recreational use. Requiring specialist equipment to make cannabis edibles certainly puts a lot of people off trying their own cannabis edible creations.
Sour Gummy Edibles: Ingredients
These cannabis-infused sour gummies only require six ingredients and once the recipe is learned it is very easy to double or triple up to make more. The infused part of this recipe is the cannabis coconut oil, which is also easily made at home.
- 1/4 Cup of Cannabis Coconut Oil
- 28 Grams of Gelatin
- 180 Grams of Jello (Your Choice of Flavour/s)
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- 2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- 3 Tablespoons of Granulated Sugar
These cannabis-infused gummies can also be made gluten-free with the addition of gluten-free gelatin. The lemon juice can also be substituted for citric acid (check substitute levels before making), however, lemon juice is a lot easier to find in a local supermarket.
How to Make Sour Gummy Edibles
Arguably, this is one of the easiest sour gummy candy recipes found anywhere online. Using just six ingredients, this recipe can also be used for non-infused sour gummies, just substitute the cannabis coconut oil for regular coconut oil.
- Place the non-stick pan onto a low-medium heat
- Add water and cannabis coconut oil to the pan and stir lightly
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Now, add gelatin, stirring out any lumps that may form
- In the meantime, line moulds with a small amount of granulated sugar, ensuring an even coating across the entire bottom of the mould
- Once the heating mixture has no lumps of gelatin, add the jello
- Stir thoroughly and mix all of the ingredients together using a ‘whipping’ technique
- Once the ingredients have combined and oxygen bubbles begin to appear in the mixture, quickly transfer from the pan to the measuring jug
- Once this has been done, pour the canna gummy mixture into the moulds and chill/freeze until solid
- Remove from the freezer/fridge and moulds. Top with a small amount of granulated sugar if desired.
- After around 2 hours in the freezer, your sour patch-style cannabis gummies are ready to eat
Store in the refrigerator and enjoy safely.
Thank you for reading “How to Make Sour Gummy Edibles”. Sharing this on social media using the icons below helps us reach a wider audience of cannabis enthusiasts as well as helping us to grow.