Cannabis rice crispy treats are one of the most simple, and quick, cannabis edibles to make at home. These can be made with any type of cereal, think Fruity Pebbles, Cheerios, Frosted Flakes, anything you desire. Cannabis-infused rice crispy treats can also be made with either cannabutter or cannabis coconut oil.
Rice crispies (also known as rice bubbles) originated in 1927 and have become a part of a beloved treat in the rice crispy square.
As a pro tip, it is highly recommended that you still use some rice crispy treats if you are using a larger cereal such as cheerios or frosted flakes. Using a small amount of rice crispies will fill the gaps as you can see in the photo below which were made with chocolate Cheerios and Rice Crispies.
Your endocannabinoid system is responsible for the effects of cannabis edibles, so, it is important you know an appropriate dosage, as well as an appropriate “flower to oil ratio” when making cannabis butter or oils.
Equipment to Make Cannabis Rice Crispy Treats
These treats are made with equipment that should be easily found in any kitchen.
- Non-stick frying pan
- Silicone Spatula
- Large Baking Dish/Tray
- Parchment Paper
Cannabis edibles may seem daunting to begin with, but, easy recipes like this make cannabis edibles a convenient way to ingest THC regularly.
Ingredients to Make Cannabis Rice Crispy Treats
As mentioned, the cereal can be changed, however, it is still advised that a minimum of half a cup of rice crispies is used.
- 1/4 Cup of Cannabutter (OR Cannabis-Infused Coconut Oil)
- 3 Cups of Rice Crispies (or other cereal)
- 250 grams mini-marshmallows
As you can see, there are just 3 ingredients needed to make these easy cannabis edibles. If you need a recipe for cannabutter or infused coconut oil, make sure you click the links above and bookmark them for future use.
How to Make Cannabis Rice Crispy Treats
Rice crispy treats are especially simple to make, even with no kitchen experience. If you have any questions please comment below.
- Place pan on medium heat and melt cannabutter/coconut oil if it is solid
- Once melted, place the mini marshmallows in the pan and leave for 3-4 minutes to melt
- Grease parchment paper with oil (or cannabis oil) and place inside the large baking dish
- Stir consistently, ensuring an even melt of the marshmallows
- Once the marshmallows have completely melted, add 1 cup of cereal at a time until all 3 have been added
- Stir vigorously, the mixture will begin to bind very strongly, and combine as much as possible
- Remove from heat and transfer the entire mixture into your greased and lined baking dish
- Using another piece of parchment paper you are able to smooth the top level out for symmetrical rice crispy treats
- Add sprinkles if you like
- Leave for 30 minutes to cool and then cut into desired portions
These treats can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container. Enjoy safely and responsibly.
Thank you for reading “How to Make Cannabis Rice Crispy Treats”, sharing this on social media helps us grow and provide the latest cannabis information. If you need recipes for cannabis oil and butter please follow the links above.