Cannabis and pizza are like two peas in a pod. Combining the two is almost a perfect match. Learn how to make cannabis pizza dough with our simple recipe, we have also added a recipe for cannabis-infused pizza sauce.
A cannabis pizza’s potency will depend entirely on the strength of the cannabis oil used. Although this recipe uses only 2 tablespoons of cannabis oil, many cannabis consumers have found this recipe ideal for microdosing or first-timers. Cannabis edibles’ effects are very different from smoking or vaporization. Cannabis edibles, on average, take approximately 45-60 minutes for consumers to feel the effects compared with the instant effects of smoking or vaping.
Remember: cannabis edibles will have a different effect on each individual. Learning an appropriate “flower to oil ratio” should be a priority for any cannabis edibles consumer. The human endocannabinoid system is unique, just like a fingerprint, and is the main reason why cannabis can be considered a medicine within the human body.
How to Make Cannabis Pizza Dough: Equipment Needed
Cannabis edibles should be simple and utilize equipment already available in a home kitchen.
- Hand or a stand mixer – with the dough hook attached
- Large mixing bowl
- Wooden cutting board
- Plastic Wrap
If a hand or stand mixer is unavailable, this pizza dough can be mixed by hand, however, this process takes longer than using a hand or stand mixer.
Cannabis Pizza Dough: Ingredients
Cannabis pizza dough is made with ingredients easily found in any local supermarket.
- 1 cup of warm (not hot) water
- 1 tablespoon of cannabis-infused olive oil (click for our recipe)
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon of instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (or another natural sweetener such as honey)
All of these ingredients are usually found in the baking aisle of the supermarket. Making pizza dough may seem daunting at first, but, our easy method for canna pizza dough shows that just about anyone can make their own infused dough in a regular home kitchen.
How to Make Cannabis Pizza Dough
- Place the warm water, yeast, salt, sugar (or another sweetener), and cannabis oil together in the mixing bowl
- Using the dough hook attachment, mix these ingredients thoroughly using the hand or stand mixer
- Once these ingredients are mixed thoroughly, begin adding flour gradually
- Mixing constantly, add flour until a soft dough forms in the bowl
- This dough should have a consistency that is soft to the touch, as well as smooth, without leaving residue on the hands or fingers
- Once the dough has reached this consistency, remove from the mixing bowl and knead for 5 minutes on a floured service (wooden cutting boards work well)
- Now, wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let rest for 10 minutes at room temperature – the dough will rise slightly
- After resting, the cannabis pizza dough can be rolled out into pizza and used right away or stored in the plastic wrap in the refrigerator for 3 days
If mixing by hand, the correct consistency will take slightly longer to achieve than with a hand or stand mixer. Making infused pizza at home has never been easier.
Learn how to make our very own cannabis-infused pizza sauce below:
Cannabis-Infused Pizza Sauce
Cannabis pizza dough pairs perfectly with our cannabis-infused pizza sauce. This sauce will be placed on the pizza first.
- 1 tablespoon concentrated tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of cannabis-infused olive oil (our recipe here)
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 tablespoon of chopped Italian herbs
Mix all of these ingredients together in a measuring cup and spread thoroughly across the base of the pizza before placing cheese on top.
Check out some of our cannabis pizza combinations below:
Cannabis Pizza Ideas
Here are a few of our favourite cannabis pizza combinations that we use regularly:
Vegetarian: Tomato, mozzarella, spinach, green peppers, black olives
Meatlovers: Pepperoni, mozzarella, bacon, minced beef
BBQ Chicken: Chicken breast slices, mozzarella, green peppers, bacon bits, topped with BBQ sauce
Margherita: Fresh sliced tomato, mozzarella cheese, topped with fresh basil and pepper
Remember: Use the cannabis-infused pizza sauce on the bottom of each pizza before placing any ingredients on.
What Else Can Cannabis Dough Be Used For?
Deep-Fried Cannabis Donuts – Ball up dough into golf ball-sized pieces, deep-fry in oil (or cannaoil), remove from oil after donuts rise to the top of the oil, place on parchment paper and coat with cinnamon and sugar.
These donuts can also be injected with chocolate, strawberry jam, or caramel before deep-frying them. Ensure that the dough is completely sealed (use another piece of dough if necessary) if filling with chocolate or another type of sweet sauce.
Cannabis Calzone – Place flattened dough on a cutting board, spread cannabis-infused pizza sauce on half of the base only. Now, add your ingredients to the half of the base that has the pizza sauce. Before folding over, place a small amount of cheese on top of the ingredients and a small amount of pizza sauce on the plain side. Fold the dough onto itself creating a half-moon shape. Knead the edges to ensure the dough is sealed. Bake in the oven until done.
The calzone is just like the pizza in the fact it is incredibly versatile. Meat, vegetarian, and even dessert calzones are incredibly popular within Italian cuisine.
Thank you for reading “How to Make Cannabis-Infused Pizza Dough”. Sharing this on social media by using the icons below helps us grow and provide the latest cannabis information available.