Cannabis muscle balm can become a helpful tool in fighting athletic pain, injuries, arthritis, and more. This easy cannabis balm only contains 5 ingredients, takes just 20 minutes to prepare, and then 2 hours to chill.
Cannabinoids, such as THC, can be utilized as a “topical” which is defined as a cream, balm, lotion, or other substance that is rubbed into an affected area. This type of cannabis product will have no psychological effects on the user, but, there may be a tingling sensation where the cannabis muscle balm was applied.
The cannabis-infused portion of this muscle rub is found in the infused coconut oil. Coconut oil is one of the most versatile carrier substances for cannabis and can also be used in many different cannabis edible recipes.
Equipment Needed for Cannabis Muscle Balm
As with all of our cannabis recipes, there is no specialized equipment needed. Many of this same equipment is used for cannabutter, oil, and other infusions, so, it may be helpful to have a separate set of equipment just for cannabis infusions and edibles.
- Large Pot
- Glass Bowl (To Fit Inside Pot)
- Hand Strainer
- Small Glass Jar (At Least 200ml Capacity)
In order to strain this rub properly and remove the chunks of ginger, 4 layers of cheesecloth in the strainer are recommended.
Ingredients for Cannabis-Infused Muscle Rub
This recipe makes around 185ml of cannabis muscle rub which will last approximately 37 days if a teaspoon (5ml) of the rub is used each time.
- 1/2 of a cup of cannabis coconut oil
- 1/4 of a cup of shea butter
- 5ml clove essential oil
- 10ml peppermint essential oil
- 1/2 a teaspoon of ginger (ground)
Ginger is perhaps the most important ingredient besides cannabis coconut oil. Ginger promotes pain relief, and regular blood flow, which is very important to those suffering from any type of pain.
How to Make Cannabis Muscle Balm
Our cannabis muscle rub is one of the easiest infusions to make at home. The simple recipe below is easy to double, or triple, up if you need more.
- Place the large pot, filled halfway with water, onto a medium-low heated element
- Now, place the cannabis coconut oil and shea butter inside the glass bowl
- Gently rest the bowl in the water and melt the cannabis-infused coconut oil and shea butter together
- This process usually takes around 8-10 minutes
- When the coconut oil and shea butter has melted, add the ginger and turn the heat off completely
- Allow the ginger to steep into the melted coconut oil/shea butter for 10 minutes while the heat is off
- Now, add the clove and peppermint oils to the mixture
- Line the hand strainer with cheesecloth and strain well into a small glass jar or plastic container
- Refrigerate for 2 hours (until solid) and store in a cool dry place once it is solid
To use this cannabis muscle balm:
Take a small amount (1 teaspoon is usually enough) on the index finger and rub it into the affected area. Avoid contact with the eyes and always wash hands after using this muscle rub.
This homemade cannabis muscle balm is ideal for those who play sports/workout regularly, have nagging injuries or inflammation, back/neck pain, and much more including alleviating some of the symptoms of arthritis.
Thank you for reading “How to Make Cannabis Muscle Rub”. Sharing this on social media using the icons below helps us to grow and provide the latest cannabis information and recipes such as this.