Hummus is incredibly versatile and is usually served with pita bread and other anti-pasto items such as olives, cheese, chopped fresh vegetables, or crackers. The small amount of cannabis-infused olive oil in this recipe makes it perfect to share with friends in one sitting.
The infused portion of this recipe is found within the olive oil. Learn how to make your own cannabis-infused olive oil with our simple recipe found here.
Ingredients for Cannabis-Infused Hummus
The strength of this cannabis-infused hummus will depend entirely upon the strength of your homemade cannabis olive oil and your own tolerance to cannabis edibles. To learn more about a ‘flower to oil ratio” click here.
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1/4 of a cup of lemon juice (usually 1-2 lemons if using fresh lemons)
- 1 medium-sized clove of garlic
- 1/2 of a cup of tahini
- 3 tablespoons of cold water
- 1 tablespoon of cannabis-infused olive oil
All of these ingredients (besides the cannabis oil) can easily be found within any local supermarket or grocery store. Learn how to make your own cannabis-infused olive oil right here on our website too.
As with all of our cannabis edibles recipes, the equipment required is relatively easy to find and there is no special equipment required.
- Blender/Food Processor or Hand Mixer
- Spatula/Wooden Spoon
- Container (For the final product)
How to Make Cannabis-Infused Hummus
- Chop and crush the garlic and then place the tahini, lemon juice, and crushed garlic in the food processor bowl
- Let these ingredients sit together before mixing (see tips below for more)
- Mix these ingredients until they are creamy and smooth
- Add the cannabis-infused olive oil to this mixture and blend until combined
- Now, the chickpeas can be added; these can also be cooked beforehand for a more robust flavour
- Mix for 60-90 seconds, until the hummus is smooth
- There may be some remaining lumps of chickpeas in the hummus, to smooth out the hummus, add 3 tablespoons of water and mix well
- If you need to add salt, add it with the water
- Your cannabis-infused hummus is now ready to eat
This hummus will last around 7 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Tips and Garnishing:
If you have time, you can roast the garlic to give the hummus a richer flavour.
Canned or dried chickpeas can also be cooked before making this cannabis-infused hummus.
Add the lemon juice and crushed garlic to the blender/food processor and let it sit together for 5-10 minutes. This will eliminate some of the sharpness of the garlic and give a more balanced flavor.
Garnishes for Cannabis-Infused Hummus
Using one or two of these garnishes will give your homemade hummus a finished look.
- Smoked Paprika
- Small Amount of Cannabis-Infused Olive Oil (or Regular Olive Oil)
- Sesame Seeds (or Traditional Arabic Dohka)
- Fresh Parsely
The image below shows how these types of ingredients can be used to make your cannabis-infused hummus as visually appealing as possible.
Variations for Infused Hummus
Adding just one or two ingredients to this hummus will change the texture and taste quite dramatically. Experimentation is key when it comes to making your own cannabis edibles, so, let your imagination run wild.
Red Pepper Hummus: Chop 1 large red pepper into small pieces and add to the hummus with the garlic and lemon juice.
Green Spinach Hummus: Add 1 cup of raw spinach to the mixture at the same time as the chickpeas.
Thank you for reading “How to Make Cannabis-Infused Hummus”. Sharing this recipe on social media by using the icons below helps us to grow and provide cannabis information to our audience across the world.