Cannabis ice cream, or infused ice cream, is rather easy to make at home. Ice cream has been a favoured dessert across the world for over 2,500 years. One of the first known occurrences of ice cream eating was when the ancient Greeks mixed snow with fruit and honey and served it together during the 5th Century B.C.
This infused dish uses cannabis cream as the carrier substance for cannabis and just 4 ingredients in total. This ice cream recipe can also be made non-infused, just substitute the cannabis-infused cream for regular cream.
Cannabis cream is made the same way as cannabis milk. Although substances such as cream and milk will not absorb as many cannabinoids as oils or butter, it is still important to recognize an appropriate dosage when it comes to cannabis edibles.
Equipment Needed to Make Infused Ice Cream
As with all of our cannabis edible recipes, there is no specialized equipment needed. Homemade cannabis edibles have the ability to empower the consumer and requiring specialty equipment may put a lot of people off ever trying to make their own edibles.
- 2 large mixing bowls
- Hand mixer
- A container with a lid (to freeze the cannabis ice cream)
As mentioned, in order to prepare to make this cannabis-infused ice cream there must be a supply of infused cream. Click here for our recipe for cannabis milk which is the exact same recipe we use to infuse the cream with cannabis.
Ingredients for Cannabis Ice Cream
Just 4 ingredients are required to make this delicious infused ice cream.
- 300ml cannabis-infused cream (the recipe is the same as cannabis milk)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 a cup of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
Makes: 6 scoops of ice cream
Cannabis-infused ice cream has never been easier. Using just 4 ingredients and no specialized kitchen equipment, this infused ice cream is very achievable for any level of cannabis chef. Check out our other cannabis edible recipes right here.
How to Make Cannabis-Infused Ice Cream
This cannabis ice cream is vanilla flavoured and may serve as a base recipe for any flavour of ice cream. There are several different flavours and their ingredients listed below this recipe.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks and place them both in separate mixing bowls
- Beat the egg whites only and do so until peaks begin to form in the egg whites
- Now, gradually add caster sugar (one teaspoon at a time) and mix thoroughly until 1/4 of a cup of sugar has been added into the egg whites
- In the second mixing bowl, mix the egg yolks and the remaining caster sugar together, the mixture will become thick and pale
- Add the vanilla essence to the egg yolk and sugar mix
- Combine both egg mixtures together in one mixing bowl and “fold” together in a gentle fashion
- Using the empty mixing bowl, beat the cannabis cream with the hand mixer and the mix into the egg mixture until they are combined thoroughly
- Pour this entire mixture into the container and place the lid on the container
- Freeze for 3-4 hours and then serve in a cone or bowl with toppings of your choice
Variations for Infused Ice Cream
How to change the colour of cannabis ice cream: Add 2 tablespoons of food colouring (of your choice) and mix well after the cream is added. Some wild colour combinations can be achieved.
Cannabis-Infused Ice Cream Variations
Double Chocolate Infused Ice Cream: Add 1/4 cup of chocolate chips (or infused cannabis chocolate) and mix 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder into the mixture at the same time as the vanilla essence.
Fruit and Nut Infused Ice Cream: Take 1/4 cup of freeze-dried fruit (berries, mango, peach etc) and chop finely. Crush 1/8 of a cup of peanuts (or other nuts of your choice) and then add both the fruit and nuts to the ice cream mixture when the cream is added.
Infused Gummy Ice Cream: Chop up 1/4 cup of gummy bears (or even cannabis gummies) into small pieces. Add into the ice cream mixture prior to mixing the eggs and cream together.
Peanut Butter Cookie Infused Ice Cream: Crumble 5-6 peanut butter cookies (or infused peanut butter cookies) up and mix into the cream. Add chocolate sauce or chocolate chips for a Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream.
Let your imagination run wild with the flavour combinations and pairings you decide to choose.
Thank you for reading “How to Make Cannabis-Infused Ice Cream”. Sharing this on social media using the icons below helps us to grow and provide the latest cannabis information to our readers around the world.