Cannabis gummies are incredibly easy to make at home and the final result can be as unique as you like. Depending on the type of mould you use, these gummies can be a simple addition to any dessert dish, or, as a convenient way to ingest cannabis edibles at any time.
Gummy candies are over 150 years old with the first sale of gelatin-based gummy candy taking place in Lancashire, England in 1864. These candies have traditionally been made into colourful shapes of bears, snakes, spiders and dinosaurs, just to name a few, and now, you can learn to make your own custom canna gummies too.
Cannabis edibles will have a different effect on every individual. This is due to the unique endocannabinoid system located within humans and other mammals. An important step in discovering a personal tolerance starts with knowing what the appropriate “flower to oil” ratio will be for your cannabis coconut oil, which is the carrier oil in this recipe.
Learn how to make your own cannabis gummies with our easy recipe below.
How to Make Cannabis Gummies – Equipment Needed
To make these gummies you will need a few pieces of kitchen equipment, all of which are easily found in most stores.
- Non-Stick Frying Pan
- Wooden Spoon
- Large Measuring Jug (Pyrex Etc)
- Silicone Ice Cube Tray, or Candy Mould
The moulds used for these gummies can either be ice cube trays, or something more elaborate such as the unicorn canna gummies seen at the end of this recipe.
How to Make Cannabis Gummies – Ingredients Needed
These gummies only require four ingredients and once the recipe is learned it is very easy to duplicate on a regular basis.
- 1/4 Cup of Cannabis Coconut Oil
- 28 Grams of Gelatin
- 180 Grams of Jello (Your Choice of Flavour/s)
- 1/2 Cup of Water
How to Make Cannabis Gummies – Method
Arguably, this is one of the easiest gummy candy recipes found anywhere. Using just four ingredients, this recipe can also be used for non-infused gummies, just substitute the cannabis coconut oil for regular coconut oil.
- Place the non-stick pan onto a low-medium heat
- Add water and cannabis coconut oil to the pan and stir lightly
- Now, add gelatin, stirring out any lumps that may form
- Once this mixture has no lumps, add the jello
- Stir thoroughly and mix all of the ingredients together using a ‘whipping’ technique
- Once the ingredients have combined and oxygen bubbles begin to appear in the mixture, quickly transfer from the pan to the measuring jug
- Once this has been done, pour the canna gummy mixture into the moulds and freeze until solid
- After around 2 hours in the freezer, your canna gummies are ready to eat
Store in the refrigerator and enjoy safely.
These gummies are especially easy to make around the holidays, birthdays, or other special occasions. Enjoy cannabis edibles safely and responsibly, and always keep out of reach of children and pets.
Thank you for reading “How to Make Cannabis-Infused Gummies”. Sharing this on social media helps us grow and provide the latest cannabis information and recipes available.