Cannabis cupcakes are a tasty infused treat that can contain two infused parts. Both the cupcake and the frosting can be infused with cannabis since they are both made with cannabutter.
The history of cupcakes can be traced all the way back to 1796, but, the first use of the word cupcake in a recipe didn’t occur until 1828. Early cupcakes were often baked in pottery cups or ramekins before muffin tins were widely available.
Cannabis cupcakes can be frozen for later or enjoyed responsibly after they have cooled and been frosted. Make sure you check out the variations for cannabis-infused frosting at the end of this recipe too.
Equipment Needed for Cannabis Cupcakes
- Measuring Cup and Spoon
- Hand Mixer
- Cupcake Tin (This Recipe Makes 12 Cupcakes)
- Paper Liners
- Wooden Spoon
- 2 Large Mixing Bowls
- Piping Bag (Make Your Own Here)
Preparation Time: 15-20 Minutes
Baking Time: 20 Minutes
Ingredients for Cannabis Cupcakes
This recipe will make approximately 12 normal-sized cupcakes.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 a cup of cannabutter (room temperature)
- 3/4 of a cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups of sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 a teaspoon of salt
- 1 and a 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
Ingredients for Vanilla Cannabis Cupcake Frosting
- 1/2 a cup of cannabutter (room temperature)
- 1/4 of a cup of whipping cream (35%)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of salt
- 4 cups of icing sugar
If you do not want to infuse the frosting with cannabis, substitute the cannabutter in the frosting for regular unsalted butter. Not infusing the frosting may be more suited towards those who have less experience with cannabis edibles.
See below the method for more cannabis cupcake frosting variations including chocolate, pink icing, and more.
How to Make Cannabis Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius)
- Line the cupcake tin with paper liners
- In one of the mixing bowls, whisk together the dried ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder)
- Using the other mixing bowl and the hand mixer, mix the cannabutter and sugar until it has reached a fluffy texture
- Beat the eggs into the cannabutter/sugar mix one at a time
- Now, add the vanilla extract and mix well
- Now, slowly add the flour/salt/baking powder mixture to the wet ingredients while mixing
- Using the hand mixer, combine thoroughly until completely mixed with no lumps
- Scoop the batter (using a measuring cup) into the paper-lined muffin tin
- Ensure the cupcake batter reaches 2/3 up the paper liner
- Bake these cupcakes for 18-20 minutes until a skewer comes out clean
- Remove the cannabis cupcakes from the oven and let them cool completely
- Once these cupcakes have cooled, the frosting can be applied.
While they are baking, the frosting can be made.
How to Make Vanilla Cannabis-Infused Frosting
Our method for frosting is incredibly easy, made for any level of cannabis edibles creator.
- Beat the cannabutter until it is fluffy by using the mixer
- Add the cream, icing sugar, salt, and vanilla extract slowly while continuing to mix
- Once smooth, turn the mixer up to high and mix for 60-90 seconds (or until fluffy)
- Add the frosting to a piping bag and disperse over the cooled cupcakes evenly
- Enjoy responsibly. These cupcakes can be stored in the freezer for 3 months.
Cannabis-Infused Frosting: Variations
These simple variations allow the base cupcake recipe to be used over and over again with different frosting. Experimentation is key when it comes to enjoying cannabis edibles and all of these recipes can be used for non-infused frosting as well.
Chocolate Cannabis Frosting: Using the same method as above, use 1/2 a cup of cannabutter, 4 cups of icing sugar, 1/2 of a cup of cocoa powder, 1/4 of a cup of whipping cream, and 1/4 of a teaspoon of salt to create infused chocolate icing for these cupcakes.
Infused Pink Frosting Made With Strawberries: Using the same method as above, use 1/2 a cup of cannabutter, 6 pureed strawberries, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 4 cups of icing sugar, 1/4 of a cup of whipping cream, and 1/4 of a teaspoon of salt to create your own strawberry-flavoured pink icing.
Cannabis Key-Lime Cupcake Frosting: Using the same method as above, use 1/2 a cup of cannabutter, 3 tablespoons of lime juice, 1 tablespoon of lime zest, 4 cups of icing sugar, 1/4 of a cup of whipping cream, and 1/4 of a teaspoon of salt to make your very own cannabis key lime cupcake frosting.
Thank you for reading “How to Make Cannabis Cupcakes”. Sharing this on social media by using the icons below helps us to grow and provide cannabis edibles recipes on a regular basis.