A cannabis bath bomb is perfect for those who like to wind down in a long hot bath. These homemade bath bombs are infused using cannabis coconut oil which is an amazingly versatile carrier substance for cannabis. As well as bath bombs and cannabis edibles, infused coconut oil can also be used to make cannabis muscle rub.
Bath bombs are hard-packed mixtures of dried ingredients that produce an effervescent effect when placed into water. Bath bombs are a very recent phenomenon with the first bath bomb having been invented in 1989 by the co-founder of the popular Lush Cosmetics. Usually, bath bombs are circular, but, can also be made into tablets and other shapes.
Cannabis bath bombs do not produce any sort of psychedelic effects (no head high), but, the body will feel quite relaxed after using one.
Equipment Needed for Cannabis Bath Bombs
As with all of our recipes, there is no specialized equipment needed to make these infused bath bombs.
- Bath Bomb Mould (OR Use One of These Household Items)
- 2 Large Mixing Bowls
- Whisk/Hand Mixer
Depending on the size of the moulds that are being used, this recipe will make at least 3 large circular bath bombs, or, smaller bath bombs if smaller moulds (such as a measuring cup) are used.
Ingredients for Cannabis Bath Bombs
The ingredients for infused bath bombs are easy to come by. The cannabis-infused coconut oil is the only required prep for this recipe.
- 1 cup of cannabis-infused coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of essential oil (floral scents work well)
- 2 cups of baking soda
- 1 cup of Epsom salts
- 1 cup of cornstarch
- 1 cup of citric acid
- A few drops of food colouring (your choice of colour)
- Dried lavender, calendula flowers, or rosemary
The essential oil used within this recipe is incredibly important for the scent and overall experience of this cannabis bath bomb. Essential oils such as lemongrass, eucalyptus, lavender, and peppermint are some that we highly recommend.
How to Make Cannabis Bath Bombs
This recipe for infused bath bombs is very easy to follow and requires no specialized techniques or equipment. Cannabis bath bombs can make great gifts for others too.
- In one of the large mixing bowls, mix the dry ingredients together with a whisk
- If needed, melt the infused coconut oil and place into the second large mixing bowl
- Now, add the food colouring and essential oil to the cannabis coconut oil
- Mix the coconut oil, essential oil, and food colouring together well
- Take the bowl with the dried ingredients and mix into the melted coconut oil/food colouring/essential oil
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together thoroughly with your hands
- Add mixture to moulds and add dried lavender/calendula/rosemary to the top of each cannabis bath bomb
- Let these bath bombs set in the refrigerator until they are completely solid
Enjoy cannabis bath bombs as a remedy for stress, pain, or after a long day at work. As mentioned, these bath bombs will NOT produce any kind of psychedelic effects as they are considered somewhat of a topical and the cannabinoids are not ingested into the bloodstream at all.
Try our homemade cannabis muscle rub after a bath with one of these cannabis bath bombs for added relief from pain or niggling injury.
Thank you for reading “How to Make a Cannabis Bath Bomb”. Sharing this on social media helps us to grow and provide the latest cannabis information and recipes such as this one. Enjoy your cannabis bath bombs and please leave a comment if you make these yourself.