Cannabis macaroni and cheese is a unique cannabis edible, far different from the usual sweet brownies or cookies most are used to. Pasta and cheese casseroles have a history that stretches back over 600 years, but, the modern recipe for macaroni and cheese can be traced back to around 1770.
This cannabis macaroni and cheese recipe makes 8-10 servings. The strength of your cannabutter will determine how strong each serving will be. To learn more about a flower to butter ratio when making cannabutter, click here.
Equipment Needed for Cannabis Mac and Cheese
As with all of our cannabis edible recipes, there is no specialized equipment needed to make this recipe.
- 1 Large Pot
- 1 Deep Baking Tray
- 1 High-Sided Pan
- Kitchen Scale
- Measuring Cup & Spoon
- Strainer (Collander)
- Cheese Grater
- Hand Whisk
Ingredients for Cannabis Macaroni and Cheese
All of these ingredients can usually be found without any hassle in any local supermarket.
- 5 tablespoons (approximately 70grams) of cannabutter
- 454 grams (1lb) of grated cheddar cheese
- 140 grams of grated parmesan cheese
- 454 grams (1 lb) of macaroni (try this recipe with penne or shells too)
- 5 cups of milk
- 5 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon each of salt and pepper
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Feta Cheese
- Bacon Bits
How to Make Cannabis-Infused Macaroni and Cheese
Cannabis macaroni and cheese requires three specific steps to complete; cooking pasta, making the cheese sauce, and baking the macaroni and cheese.
Cooking the Pasta
- Preheat a conventional oven to 335 degrees Fahrenheit (170 Celsius)
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water and remove just prior to it being fully cooked
- Strain the water from the pasta, rinse in cold water and set aside
Making the Cannabis Macaroni & Cheese Sauce
- Now, place the cannabutter into the high-sided pan onto an element set to low
- Once the butter has melted, add all-purpose flour
- Stir until the mixture smells somewhat ‘nutty’ and then add the milk slowly
- Using the hand whisk, mix the cannabutter, flour, and milk together until combined
- Remove from the heat and add the salt and pepper, 4 cups of grated cheddar cheese, and all of the parmesan cheese
- If you are adding any optional ingredients, now is the time to add them as well
Baking the Macaroni and Cheese
- Take your cooked pasta and place into the deep baking dish
- Add the cooked cheese sauce and stir well, top with the last cup of grated cheddar cheese
- Bake the macaroni at 335 Fahrenheit (170 Celsius) for 40 minutes
- Let the cannabis macaroni and cheese stand for 10 minutes before serving
This dish can also be frozen in portions for a convenient cannabis-infused meal at any time.
Thank you for reading “How to Make Cannabis Macaroni and Cheese”. Sharing this recipe on social media using the icons below helps us to grow and provide cannabis edible recipes such as this on a regular basis.