Cannabis-infused fried rice offers a savoury tasting cannabis edible that goes well with chicken, beef, pork, tofu, or just by itself. Fried rice has a history that dates back as far as 1400 years to the Sui Dynasty in China. Frying rice was first used as a means to consume leftover rice in a different manner.
The potency of cannabis fried rice will depend entirely on the potency of the cannabutter used in the recipe.
Cannabis edibles affect everyone in a different manner due to the endocannabinoid system. It is important to know an appropriate personal dosage when it comes to cannabis edibles. To learn more about the ratio of cannabis to butter and the resulting THC content, click here.
This recipe calls for a rice cooker, however, rice can also be cooked on the stovetop in a large pot if a rice cooker is not available.
As with all of our cannabis edible recipes, there is no specialized equipment required.
- Rice Cooker
- Non-Stick Frying Pan
- Measuring Cup
The equipment needed to make cannabis fried rice is very easy to come by. Many stores now sell rice cookers for as little as $15.
Ingredients to Make Infused Fried Rice
The infused portion of this recipe is found within the cannabutter which is very easy to make at home.
- 1 cup of Cannabutter – divided into 2 portions
- 1 and 1/2 cups of rice (any kind)
- 1 and 1/2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 cup of chopped vegetables (carrots, beans, broccoli etc)
- 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
This recipe is not specific to any type of rice specifically, but, medium-long grain and Thai jasmine rice are highly recommended for their taste and textures.
How to Make Cannabis-Infused Fried Rice
Preparation Time: 24 Hours (Chilling Time)
Cooking Time: 30-45 Minutes (Rice Cooker) plus 10-15 Minutes of Frying
Serves: 3-4 Servings of Cannabis Fried Rice
- Pour water into the rice cooker and then add half of the cannabutter
- Add the salt, pepper and garlic powder to the water and cannabutter
- Now, add the rice into the rice cooker and set to cook
- Once the rice has cooked, remove it from the cooker and place in a large bowl
- Let the rice cool for 20 minutes and then cover with cling wrap
- Refrigerate for 24 hours
- Remove the rice from the fridge around 30 minutes before you fry it
- Place non-stick frying pan onto a medium-low heat
- Now, add chopped vegetables and the other half of the cannabutter to the heated pan
- Fry for 10-15 minutes on medium-low heat until the rice becomes sticky and the vegetables cooked
- Remove from heat and transfer to bowls, store in the fridge or eat right away
- Serve with chicken, beef, tofu, pork, or eat this infused rice all by itself
Although this dish takes 24 hours of refrigeration, it is well worth it. Enjoy cannabis-infused fried rice responsibly and safely.
Thank you for reading “How to Make Cannabis-Infused Fried Rice”. Sharing this on social media using the icons below helps us to grow and provide cannabis edibles recipes such as this to our readers around the world.