Cannabis donuts are a lot easier to make than many people believe. Using cannabutter as a shortener, these donuts’ potency will depend entirely on how strong the cannabutter is.
Cannabis edibles affect everyone in a different way due to the endocannabinoid system, there is no one-size-fits-all system to gauge how edibles will affect you personally. Knowing an appropriate individual dosage for cannabis infusions is highly important for any cannabis edible consumer.
Donuts have a long history in North America with Dutch migrants to New York in the 1700/1800s selling these fried delicacies across the city. Today, donuts can be incredibly elaborate and flavourful, incorporating many different ingredients.
These cannabis donuts can also be infused by adding cannabis sugar or cannabis milk. Using both of these infused substances together with the cannabutter in this recipe will create a very strong infused treat indeed.
Cannabis Donuts: Ingredients
As mentioned, the cannabis-infused part of these donuts is found within the cannabutter. All of the other ingredients required for this easy cannabis edible can be found in a local supermarket.
- 90ml of milk (or cannabis milk)
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of cannabutter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 of a cup of white sugar (or cannabis sugar)
- 2 cups of (sifted) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 a cup of confectioners sugar (or cannabis sugar) for final dusting
- 800-900ml of cooking oil (to fry the donuts in)
Cannabis Donuts: Equipment Needed
As with all of our cannabis edible recipes, there is no specialized equipment required. A donut cutter is helpful, but, is not required at all.
- 2 Large Mixing Bowls
- Frying Pan/Deep Skillet
- Measuring Jug/Cup
- Shot Glass
- Paper Towels
All of this equipment may already be in your kitchen, or, is easily sourced from a local store otherwise. Some cannabis chefs have a separate kit of equipment that is only used for creating cannabis edibles and infusions.
How to Make Cannabis Donuts
Learn how to make cannabis donuts with our easy recipe:
- In the first mixing bowl, stir the vinegar into the milk. Let it stand until it begins to thicken
- In the second mixing bowl, cream the cannabutter and sugar until it is smooth
- Now, beat the egg and vanilla essence into the creamed cannabutter/sugar
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and sugar together and add to the mixing bowl that contains cannabutter
- Mix the milk and vinegar into the second mixing bowl entirely
- Once a doughy texture has formed, flour a cutting board or counter surface
- Roll the dough out until it reaches a thickness of approximately 1/3 of an inch (1cm)
- Cut into circular shapes using a measuring jug or cup and remove the middles with a shot glass
- Keep the middles aside to create miniature donuts after the large ones have been fried
- Fry donuts in hot oil until golden, turning over once during the process, fry two or three at a time to ensure consistency during the cooking process.
- Rest on a paper towel after frying, this will allow excess oil to drip off the cannabis donuts
- After all of the donuts have been fried, add all of the donut holes to the hot oil and fry until golden brown, place on the paper towel to drain excess oil
- Dust with sugar while they are still warm
Depending on the size of your donuts, this recipe should make at least 14-16 medium-sized donuts.
Variations for the Cannabis Donut
This base recipe for donuts is easily added to which can create unforgettable combinations.
Double Chocolate Infused Donut – Add melted baking chocolate to the milk and vinegar. Top with chocolate frosting/icing and chocolate chips.
Lemon Cannabis Donut – Add lemon zest to the cannabutter/sugar. Top donut with lemon cream frosting/icing and lemon zest.
Infused Homer Simpson-Style Donut – Top with pink frosting/icing and colourful sprinkles.
Cookies & Cream Cannabis Donut – Add crushed Oreo cookies (approximately 10 cookies) to the cannabutter/sugar. Top the donuts with cream icing and crushed Oreo cookie pieces.
Thank you for reading “How to Make Cannabis Donuts”. Sharing this on social media using the icons below helps us to grow and provide recipes like this as well as the latest cannabis information and research. Make sure you check out our related articles below too.