These cannabis-infused cookie brownies can be made incredibly potent by adding cannabutter to both portions of the recipe. However, the overall potency of this cannabis edible will depend entirely on the strength of the cannabutter.
Both the chocolate brownie and the chocolate chip cookie have a long history in the world of sweet treats. The brownie was invented in the late 1800s and spread quickly across the United States and Canada, and then the world. Surprisingly, the chocolate chip cookie was invented over 40 years later, in 1938, and quickly became a worldwide favourite.
Equipment Needed to Make Cannabis Cookie Brownies
All of the equipment to make these infused brownie cookies is easy to come by and if it is not already in your kitchen, then it is easily found at a local supermarket or store.
- 2 Large Mixing Bowls
- Medium Sized Deep Baking Tray (8″ x 8″/20cm x 20cm)
- Measuring Cup & Spoon
- Parchment Paper
- Hand Mixer
- Airtight Container (For Storage)
As with all of our cannabis edible recipes, there is no special equipment required.
Ingredients for Cannabis Cookie Brownies
The cookies use less cannabutter than the brownies, so, if you would like a less potent edible, then, you will infuse the cookie part of this recipe. If you want stronger cannabis edibles, infuse the brownie part of the recipe, or, both the cookie and brownie if needed.
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Cookie Portion of the Recipe
- 6 tablespoons of cannabutter (room temperature)
- 1 cup of chocolate chips (plus 1/8 cup of chocolate chips to top the cookies with)
- 1/2 of a cup of white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 of a cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of salt
Ingredients for Brownie Portion of the Recipe
- 10 tablespoons of melted butter (or cannabutter for stronger edibles)
- 3/4 of a cup of white sugar
- 3/4 of a cup of cocoa powder
- 3/4 of a cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 a cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 a teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cannabis edibles affect everyone in a different way due to the unique endocannabinoid system. The potency of the cannabutter in this recipe will affect the final product greatly. Learn how to approximate a “flower to oil ratio” for cannabis butter here.
How to Make Cannabis Cookie Brownies
These cookie brownies take around 15 minutes to prepare and 35 minutes to bake. Depending on the size of your servings, this recipe can make anywhere from 8 large brownies to 16 smaller ones (ideal for microdosing).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius)
- Grease the parchment paper and line the baking tray
- In the first mixing bowl (the cookies), mix together the cannabutter, brown, and white sugar until it resembles a fluffy texture. This is known as “creaming”.
- Mix in the vanilla extract and beat in the egg. Now, mix the flour, salt, and baking soda into this mixture as well.
- Combine well and then mix in the chocolate chips. Set this bowl aside.
- In the second mixing bowl (the brownies), mix the butter (or cannabutter), brown sugar and white sugar until a fluffy texture forms (creaming).
- Add the vanilla extract and beat the egg into this mixture. Add the cocoa powder after the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Now, mix in the flour and salt until both are incorporated into the brownie mix (no lumps of flour)
- Spread the brownie batter onto the greased and lined baking tray until it forms an even layer
- Add cookie dough, one tablespoon at a time, to the top of the brownie batter
- Finally, top the cookie dough portions with chocolate chips
- Bake for 35 minutes (some ovens may require 40 minutes)
- Remove from the pan and let them cool on a cutting board or cooling rack
- Cut into squares and enjoy responsibly. Store in the airtight container for maximum freshness.
How to check if they are ready: Using a skewer, poke a hole into the middle of the cookie brownies, if it comes out clean, they are done.
Thank you for reading “How to Make Cannabis Cookie Brownies”. Sharing this on social media by using the icons below helps us to grow and provide recipes and cannabis information to our audience across the world.