Cannabis butter chicken is a great-tasting, hearty meal that may open up the door to savoury cannabis edibles for many. A lot of cannabis edibles consumers consider only sweet treats when they are making edibles, but, this recipe shows that delicious full meals can be infused with cannabis too.
Cannabis and food have a long and rich history in the country of India. Some of the very first infused food was produced within the Hindu culture.
Over 4 servings, 75 grams (1/3 of a cup) of cannabutter may not be enough, or, may even be too much. Feel free to use less infused butter in this recipe if required, or, to make this cannabis edibles recipe stronger, add cannabis milk instead of regular milk.
Cannabis edibles will affect every individual in a different manner. The endocannabinoid system within the human body responds to cannabis and reacts accordingly. This system is unique to every human, much like a fingerprint.
Equipment Needed to Make Cannabis-Infused Butter Chicken
This recipe can be made in a slow cooker, or, more quickly on the stovetop. As with all of our cannabis edible recipes, there is no specialized equipment required.
- Slow cooker OR a large, wok-style pan
- Wooden spoon
- Sharp knife
- Measuring spoons & cup
This butter chicken recipe is incredibly easy to make and combines the unique flavours of Indian cuisine with our favourite plant, cannabis.
Ingredients for Cannabis-Infused Butter Chicken Curry
The ingredients for this cannabis butter chicken curry are easy to find in any local supermarket.
- 700 grams of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 75 grams of cannabutter (1/3 of a cup)
- 285ml of milk (or cannabis milk)
- 1 whole can (285ml) of condensed tomato soup
- 2 tablespoons of curry powder
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon of Garam Masala
- 1 tablespoon of tarragon
- 1/2 a tablespoon of garlic powder
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes (Stovetop) or 6-8 Hours (Slow-Cooker)
This recipe for infused butter chicken serves 4 and is best paired with rice and naan bread.
How to Make Cannabis Butter Chicken
No matter which method you choose to make this curry in, it will require a quick browning of the chicken on the stovetop. This process is outlined below and then the stovetop and slow cooker methods are both explained.
- Firstly, warm cannabutter on a low setting in the microwave
- Now, slice chicken breasts into small pieces, preferably bite-sized, and place into the mixing bowl
- Add one tablespoon of the curry powder, as well as all of the garlic powder to the chicken in the mixing bowl
- Mix the cannabutter into the seasoned chicken well, until it melts completely
- Ensure all of the chicken breast pieces are covered in curry powder and cannabutter
- Fry these chicken pieces on medium in the large wok-style pan until they have browned on both sides (not cooked)
If you are using the stovetop method for cannabis butter chicken, continue with these instructions. If you are using a slow cooker, please skip ahead to the “Slow Cooker Method for Cannabis Butter Chicken” section of this recipe.
- Leave the browned chicken in the large pan and add milk and condensed tomato soup
- Reduce heat to medium-low
- Now, add the rest of the curry powder, and all of the Garam Masala, chilli powder, and tarragon
- Stir well, ensuring that all of the seasonings have been mixed properly
- Cook for 20 minutes; this curry will thicken as it is cooking
- Once it has been cooked, remove from heat and serve with rice and naan bread
Slow Cooker Method for Cannabis Butter Chicken
- Set slow cooker to high
- Now, add the milk, condensed tomato soup, chilli powder, Garam Masala, tarragon, and the rest of the curry powder to the slow cooker
- Stir well, ensuring all the seasonings have mixed with the liquid portion of this recipe
- Add the browned chicken pieces to the mixture in the slow cooker
- After 2 hours, reduce the heat on the slow cooker to medium
- Cook for an additional 4-6 hours
OPTIONAL: Adding Greek yogurt as a topping to this butter chicken curry will give it a creamier taste and texture, perfect for those who may not be used to the flavours of Indian cuisine.
Thank you for reading “How to Make Cannabis Butter Chicken Curry”. Sharing this on social media using the icons below helps us to grow and provide the latest cannabis recipes and information.